We now have an exam room exclusively for CATS
WHY? – to improve feline health and welfare
HOW? – we have a team who knows how to behave towards and around cats. They understand and take note of the behaviour of cats when in the clinic and can modify their approach appropriately in response. Our team is well trained in the handling of feline patients; the handling of cats must be done in a way that reduces rather than increases stress, which means that heavy restraint is avoided. The Brack Animal Hospital team embodies the principle of respective handling. We also apply cat friendly principles and encourage the best possible preventive healthcare for cats.
- For Cats only, no dogs or any other animal enters this room
- A Feliway diffuser is used in the room, this is a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone, used by cats to mark their territory as safe and secure.
- A fresh flannel cover is used on the exam table, 1 for each patient – slippery surfaces can be stressful so using a fitted soft cover makes the cat feel secure.
- Doctors & technicians wear lab coats that are “exclusive” to use in the Cat Friendly room.
- There is specific medical equipment that is used only in the cat room (i.e. stethoscope, scale).
- Fun treats are provided for your cat to be entertained during their exam – these treats are exclusive for your cats visit and used only 1 time.
- Our goal is to do the entire examination and treatment (if needed) in the Cat Friendly Room – consistency, predictability and feeling in control are very important for cat welfare. *A quiet separate waiting area for cats is available and close to the Cat Friendly Room.
CLICK HERE *Feline House-Soiling: Useful Information for Cat Owners.
CLICK HERE *TIPS on How to Get Your Cat to the Veterinarian.
*this useful information is provided by the American Association of Feline Practitioners*
We would Love for your cat to visit us!